There are six important criterion for complete surrender i.e.
- Single mindedness (Ananyata): The literal meaning of ‘Ananyata’ is ‘no other’ i.e. having complete faith on Him only. The belief that He is the source of eternal happiness, He is our only saviour, the faith should not be clouded in any circumstance. Without these important criteria, devotee could never attain Him, as in case of Draupadi.
- Selfless Love: Our love for Him should not bear any desire for any material accomplishments or even liberation. We should not harbour any wishes of ours too, whatever is decided by Him for us, should be embraced wholeheartedly.
- Continuous Remembrance: The belief that omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient God is always with me at every moment and situation, should be imbibed in the way we realize our presence or entity.
- Gratefulness: We should always extol His unimaginable magnificence and realize how caring He has been to us, always more than anyone else.
- Surrender: We should know that our mind, body and wealth are all His. So, we should dedicate everything to Him.
- Egoless: Ego has ruined our previous births by constraining us from surrendering to God. To attain the complete surrender state, one should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer all respect to others. In such a constant state of mind, one can be egoless.