1. Sit for devotional practice being alert. Stand up by yourself when you feel indolence, but condition is that thinking should be only of Shyamsundar.
2. Eulogize your adored. Keep in mind that one’s mind enchants upon one’s virtues. Such as in this world, someone fascinates upon someone’s kindness etc., Likewise, emancipator (adhamaudharanhar), outcast-edifier (patitpavanhar), devotee lover,(BhaktaVatshal) etc. are the endless virtues of Thakur Ji (The Supreme God). So, listen to these qualities incessantly.
3. Mere praising God will do nothing. Even singers sing songs, but they will not attain the Bliss of God. So, according to eulogize generate feeling, i.e. we are originally mean fellows, downtrodden. We are carrying heavy burdens of sins since infinite births, whereas the Supreme lord is causelessly merciful, devotee-lover, outcast-edifier and emancipator etc.
4. Practice roopdhyan (form-meditation) by closed eyes because at initial stage passers-by (passing of persons) catch our sight rather than Shyamsundar. Practicing roopdhyan is of utmost importance. If you will not perform roopdhayan, you will not get any result of mere physical drill.
5. Whatever forms of Thakur Ji (God) you like, visualize it in roopdhyan, i.e a form of His childhood or adolescence stage (puberty stage) or adulthood. Thakur Ji will appear in the very form before you.
6. Why do you feel sleepy? It is because you do not practice roopdhyan of your adored. You do not contemplate about Shyamsundar. You do not have fondness for Him, so while chanting the holy names your heart do not melt and you start dozing.